[Freeswitch-dev] mod_radius_cdr behavior and questions

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 06:03:57 PST 2009

or everything is already in the right place the way it already is.....?

If all you want to do is background the start packet, then just take the
info in the place where the existing code gets it (routing state change) and
create your own switch_event or private struct, add the data to it and
launch a thread to run the radius in it's own thread.

I still think making the radius not be down or have short timeouts across a
list of servers is a better place to fix it than making FS launch a bonus
thread per established call to run the radius start packets in the bg.

I also still think that if you insist on not listing to my previous point,
pushing all the packets to a fifo queue is better than launching a new
thread per call because if the server is down and timing out why would you
want to have 250 threads up at once all blocking on the dead radius instead
of a queue of them that could withstand a bit of downtime by stacking up the
start packet requests and unloading them in order when it returned.

pstn:213-799-1400