[Freeswitch-dev] mod_radius_cdr behavior and questions

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:28:28 PST 2009

The session runs in it's own thread when you use session_locate to find a
pointer to the session you stop that session from exiting until you release
it from the same thread you called session_locate from.

So the session could have just done the radius connection itself in it's
perfectly good existing thread.
now you are detaining the session and creating a new thread thus wasting the
session thread.

instead of an event handler you may want to use a state handler so you can
run the stuff in the session thread.

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:18 AM, regs at kinetix.gr <regs at kinetix.gr> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Anthony,
>>
>>     I need your help in clarifying something.
>>
>> I my module load function I am using this to bind a handler to a specific
>> event (channel create) :
>>
>> if (switch_event_bind(modname,  SWITCH_EVENT_CHANNEL_CREATE,
>> SWITCH_EVENT_SUBCLASS_ANY, my_on_create_handler, NULL) !=
>> SWITCH_STATUS_SUCCESS) {
>>                 switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_LOG, SWITCH_LOG_ERROR,
>> "Couldn't bind!\n");
>>                 return SWITCH_STATUS_GENERR;
>>         }
>>
>> Then in my my_on_create_handler routine  I have :
>>
>> static void my_on_create_handler(switch_event_t *event) {
>>
>>         char* uuid = switch_event_get_header(event, "Unique-ID");
>>
>>         switch_core_session_t *session;
>>
>>         session = switch_core_session_locate(uuid);
>> }
>>
>> this is only for test purposes. My handler does nothing else than creating
>> a pointer to the session that
>> triggered the event. Everything compiles just fine. When I am running
>> freeswitch everything goes
>> as expected (my handling routine is called and a session is indeed
>> returned on my local session variable)
>> except from one thing : I can see doing a "ps -eLf" that the session
>> threads of my call get stuck and never get terminated.
>>
>> I can also tell that they are stuck by that error message in my console :
>>
>> switch_core_session_hupall() Giving up with 42 sessions remaining
>>
>> which makes sense since I initiated 21 bridged calls.
>>
>> Is the reference (pointer) to the session the cause of all these? Does FS
>> considers that
>> since there are still references to a session the session should not be
>> terminated? If yes,
>> how can I destroy this reference (after I have used it)?
>>
>> Anthony Minessale wrote:
>>
>> No problem, I have the advantage That I have implemented this technique
>> all over the place ;)
>> Your event handler is the recipient end of that same algorithm.
>>
>> In fact the events are a very good thing to pass into queues.
>>
>> You could clone the event and insert the clone into the queue and when you
>> pop it from the
>> backend thread you can just destroy it there then.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Apostolos Pantsiopoulos <regs at kinetix.gr
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Wow. I didn't expect so much detailing :)
>>>
>>> Thanks for the idea.
>>>
>>> My implementation is different though, but yours seems to be better.
>>>
>>> I will conclude what I started doing now and get back to you with the
>>> results.
>>>
>>> If something is wrong against my implementation I will try doing it your
>>> way.
>>>
>>> Thanks again!
>>>
>>> Anthony Minessale wrote:
>>>
>>>  use a queue object to send the data in a dynamic struct to the other
>>> thread.
>>>
>>> 1) create a global queue.
>>> 2) create a struct with all the info you need to send.

>>> 2) memset it to all 0.
>>> 3) populate the struct.
>>> 4) write the data into the queue.
>>>
>>> launch a thread at startup that does a blocking wait on the same queue
>>>
>>> 1) pop the void pointer off the queue.
>>> 2) cast it into your struct.
>>> 3) extract the data from the struct and send it over radius.

pstn:213-799-1400