[Freeswitch-dev] coredump (dingaling)

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
Thu Dec 17 14:41:37 PST 2009

Hi all,

Bug-rapport is submitted:
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/LBDING-18

This is a traceback I got when the problem accured when freeswitch
crashed when the gtalk-session was TERMINATED.

One of the things I did notice was this:
2009-12-17 11:42:45.461750 [ERR] switch_rtp.c:370 Invalid STUN/ICE
packet received
During some other voip-sessions, I got loads of these messages; however
I do not have this problem always.

One of the strange things I did notice is that in the packet captures I
took (on the server) I see UDP-packets for 69.0.208.27 udp/3478 (that's
stun) with incorrect CRC-checksum; or at least, that's what fireshark
tells me. The strange this is that I do get a UDP STUN-packets back
(which is strange as normally a server on the other side should ignore
UDP-packets with errors in it).

BTW.
Another elements this is strange:
Audio-traffic from the sip ATA to the mac flash/webinterface is almost
immediatly. Audio-traffic in the other side has about a 1 second delay
But this could be a problem on the webinterface flash-application, not
network related; so I do not know if this is related to this problem.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

Anthony Minessale schreef:
> I'm going to guess its the good old crappy gnutls crap.
> noobuntu bleeding probably updated it and broke our support.
> get the backtrace, my money is on something in gcrypt or gnutls
>

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>

>> Well, now that you have demonstrated that you can repeat this on the latest
>> trunk you can now do the gdb stuff on the core.xxxx file that gets created.
>> Check out this page that has some information on gathering info:
>>
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs#Advanced_Debugging_Techniques
>>
>> That page also has info on how to properly submit a JIRA, pastebin, etc.
>> -MC
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Kristoff Bonne <kristoff.bonne at skypro.be
>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi all,
>>>

>>> OK. Here is how far I have got sofar.
>>>
>>> - first: "make current" -> installed latest version
>>>
>>> - problem still there. However, not always. I do have had cases where
>>> freeswitch did not crash, or crashed when the gtalk-session is terminated.
>>>
>>> - The "console loglvel 7" doesn't really help. Freeswitch bombs out before
>>> having the change to print any debug-info.
>>> (or is there any logfile I should look for?)
>>>

>>> - I have run "tcpdump" on both sides (both on the server and a client) a
>>> number of times.
>>> -> The positive side is that -as I do have some sessions that did work- I
>>> can compair with a "good" session.
>>> -> The negative side is that it doesn't really help that much.
>>>
>>> The problem seams to be somewhere in, or and the end of the jabber
>>> session. Looking at the "good" session, I see some traffic to the
>>> stun-server. In the traces where the freeswitch crashes, I never see these