[Freeswitch-dev] mod event multicast drops some events on outbound call legs ?

Matteo mbrancaleoni at voismart.it
Thu Dec 3 10:47:56 PST 2009

Hi,

I was adding "multicast presence" to FS using mod_event_multicast.
Useful to have BLF over some machines :)

First implementation works almost ok, but I'm facing a strange issue.

Seems that mod_event_multicast drops some events, which can seen correctly
over mod_event_socket.

For example I can see only PRESENCE_IN events for the caller, but not
for the called, when the state is early.

For example: if caller is 1001 and called is 1000, over event_socket I see
PRESENCE_IN updates for both during all the transaction, but over mcast
I see only event initial events for 1001 (which is confirmed), and
I get events for 1000 only when the call is cancelled (1000 terminated)
or answere (1000 is confirmed also).

Over event socket is all ok, I cann see everything.

Debugging presence I can get over console all the PRESENCE_IN messages.

Seems for some reason that event multicast is not able to
get events for the outbound leg when is in early state?

Any hints?

I'll be glad to release the patch to sofia to add multicast BLF when all works :)

regards,
matteo.