[Freeswitch-dev] Scalabilty of Freeswitch

Shelby Ramsey sramsey at sipinterchange.com
Wed Aug 26 13:31:27 PDT 2009

Jerry,

This is a pretty generic question.

Generically speaking users aren't what most people think of but some
good guidelines are:
    --   2000 simultaneous calls (probably more depending on your CPS)
if you are not running any media through the box
    --   I'm not sure with media what the upper end would be ... but I
would seriously doubt you'll get acceptable performance of more than 500
- 700 calls on a single interface

OpenSIPs works well as a load balancer.  As for FS itself there is no
built in mechanism to share state across multiple FS instances ...
however you can do it yourself with mod_event_socket.

SDR