[Freeswitch-dev] Memory Leak? - FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.4pre5

Charles Boening charlieb at cot.net
Fri Apr 24 16:36:39 PDT 2009

Brian,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using FS for a conference server.  We have just one conference room for internal use.  It is connected via a SIP registration to our MetaSwitch.  That registration allows multiple calls on the same registration.  I could do a SIP trunk but this was quick and easy to setup.

I'm concerned that FS quit unexpectedly a few time (pre4 not pre5) and that's how I got to poking around.  Sounds like maybe I'm being a little alarmist.  It's just harsh when the boss asks why the conference room isn't working.  :)

I'll see if I can get something setup to monitor memory usage over time.  I'm just concerned that over time memory will keep increasing and increasing and that's what caused the process to crash.

What would you suggest to try and track down why the FS process would suddenly stop working (not in process list even)?

Charlie