[Freeswitch-dev] how many simultaneous calls support in freeswitch

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Wed Apr 15 07:31:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Parveen Kumar Jain
<parveen.jain at one97.net>wrote:

Hi Developers,

This question would be more appropriate on the -users list.

> I need to develop an IVR application which makes an outbound calls and then
> plays the some audio file for the user. For this I was trying to evaluate
> Freeswitch under following criteria:

>  - Does freeswitch have outbound calls support(is there any conf file file
> avilabel where I just can put some series of no. and freeswitch just calls
> those no. sequentially)?

Yes. There isn't a conf file as such, but there are a myriad easy ways to go
about this.

>  - If yes, how many simultaneous calls are possible on a simple pentium-4
> using G711U as a codec(1 GB RAM, 2.2 GHz machine) machine?(I had checked the
> switch.conf file and it says that by default it can support upto 1000 calls
> , is it true for a small machine also)? In other terms is Freeswitch is
> scalable if I need to add more users to call from here?

It depends on the protocol, codec etc. But, yes, FS is very scalable.

>   - Does freeswitch have the support of CDR(call data record)  after
> succesfull calls ?

Indeed it does.

> It will be great help if any of you can comment on these question and it
> can save my several hours of testing before I can make my conclusion :)

Most of your questions can be answered by spending a little time on
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070 |
peace be upon you ...