[Freeswitch-dev] Fwd: [Freeswitch-users] codecs initialization flags in endpoint modules

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 11:43:03 PDT 2009

yes it's a valid concern.

We should work towards a patch like the one i proposed to init the resources
only when they are first called upon so if a paticular call never needs the
read codec to do encode and decode then it would only allocate them the
first time they actually tried it. then most calls would only use one of
each until some of the more crazy scenarios kicked in

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Matteo <mbrancaleoni at voismart.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ----- "Anthony Minessale" <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> > did you test it in scenarios where the ptime is mismatched, every
> > combination of sample rate transcoding, eavesdroping on a channel in
> > all the above situations?
>
> no, not at all
>
> > It would require a full suite of testing to confirm.
>
> I agree.
>
> > switch_core_io.c:432 does use read_codec for encode
> >
> > i think cases arise where it does need both but we could change the
> > code to delay when it inits until the
> > first time it needs it instead so it would only take place when
> > necessary.
>
> the question arose investigating the wrong resource usage of
> dadhi codec, since it allocs 2 resources for every call.
>
> maybe the issue is somewhere else?
>
> regards,
> matteo

pstn:213-799-1400