[Freeswitch-dev] Creating Modules

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed Oct 8 12:19:11 EDT 2008

> Is there any documentation on the layout of modules.
>
> mod_skel.c is a bit brief.
>
> Specifically the logic, flow, interface and once written how are the
> functions called.

This kind of documentation is in short supply right now. However, the
devs have done an absolutely incredible job of writing code in as
readable of a format as possible. (We all know that C can be difficult
to read, what with pointers and pointers to pointers, etc., etc.)

I'm not a dev but I've been here for a few years so what I can recommend
is that you tell us what you're trying to accomplish. When they see
that, Tony and/or Mike can point you to existing code that demonstrates
some of the things you'd like to do.

Documentation is a goal of the project but the hard-core developer-level
documentation isn't really on the radar right now.

-MC