[Freeswitch-dev] Bug in SIP URI: ; received="XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX" is not valid (SIP BNF)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Nov 19 07:01:59 PST 2008

2008/11/19 Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com>:
> We can follow up on the bug on this, but brian and I were testing this
> last night, it seems to work fine in our code, but I want to make sure
> there are no devices that expect it the other way, so we can post the
> patch we worked up last night but it will need some level of interop
> with different devices to make sure we don't have a regression we have
> to find out how to address.

Thanks a lot.
I expect that it not possible that any SIP device *needs* a custom
RURI parameter ("received") contaning a value between quote symbols
("). I just can't imagine that removing these quotes will make the
INVITE being droped or rejected by a SIP device that worked when these
quotes exist in the parameter.
Anyway I understand you and I'll try it with some devices and will
report the result here.

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo