[Freeswitch-dev] mod-java - playAndGetDigits() prototype change

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:12:39 EDT 2008

The function now returns the digits,

This was one of many poorly swigged functions that I fixed in the wrapper in
my recent overhaul.
Providing your own string buffer from one language and having the c code
fill it in was neither safe nor portable.

All of the functions that used to take a string and the size of that string
now have lost those params and simply return the
string instead.  The whole point of the C++ wrapper was to hide some of the
unnecessary elements of the API from higher level
languages and someone added those functions too hastily to the wrapper.

Damjan,

Did you read the email I sent last week?  I have fixed most of the issues in
that c++ wrapper that you ran into.
If you do plan on working more on mod_java can you please contact me so we
can give you proper commit access and discuss how the module should behave.
I am on IRC most of the time irc.freenode.net #freeswitch or see all of the
other IM and email options in my sig.

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:40 AM, jonathan augenstine <jaugenstine at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Damjan,
>
> I was able to successfully reswig (make swigall) but with the same result.
>
> Jonathan
>

> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:17 PM, <damjan at ecntelecoms.com> wrote:
>
>> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-Information: Contact ECN Telecoms
>> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner: Found to be clean
>> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached,
>>        score=-100.591, required 6, autolearn=not spam, AWL -0.59,
>>        NO_RELAYS -0.00, USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)
>> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-From: damjan at ecntelecoms.com
>>
>> You can't retrieve the DTMF digits as it is. I had a specific override for
>> playAndGetDigits (and one other function) in the swig stuff, which
>> obviously got taken out somehow (I was matching on the parameter name,
>> which has probably changed).
>>
>> Try "make reswig", "make clean", "make" (I think - read the Makefile),
>> otherwise please give me a chance until this weekend to rewrite mod_java.
>>
>> Bye
>> Damjan
>>

>> > I was encountering some strange behavior in my IVR script.  What I
>> finally
>> > tracked it down to is that the prototype on the playAndGetDigits()
>> method
>> > has changed.  The previous prototype was of the form
>> playAndGetDigits(int,
>> > int, int, int, String, String, byte[], String) and the new prototype is
>> > playAndGetDigits(int, int, int, int, String, String, String, String).
>>  The
>> > byte array parameter has been removed and this was the parameter that
>> > returned the DTMF digits.  With this parameter removed, how do I
>> retrieve
>> > the DTMF digits?
>> >
>> > Jonathan

pstn:213-799-1400