[Freeswitch-dev] mod-java javac error

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:55:08 EDT 2008

I am in the process of setting up a new production machine.  I have
installed CentOS and was successful in building the latest trunk of
Freeswitch.  When I enabled the build of mod-java I get numerous "cannot
find symbol" errors.

Jonathan
jaugenstine at gmail.com

- OS: CentOS 5
- Java: 1.5.0_15
- configure --with-java=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_15
- edit modules.conf to build languages/mod_java
- Freeswitch is latest trunk as of May 23.

A sample of the errors printed are:

making all mod_java
src/org/freeswitch/swig/CoreSession.java:236: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Event
location: class org.freeswitch.swig.CoreSession
  public void sendEvent(Event sendME) {
                        ^
src/org/freeswitch/swig/CoreSession.java:240: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Event
location: class org.freeswitch.swig.CoreSession
  public void setEventData(Event e) {
                           ^
src/org/freeswitch/swig/freeswitchJNI.java:14: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class IVRMenu
location: class org.freeswitch.swig.freeswitchJNI
  public final static native long new_IVRMenu(long jarg1, IVRMenu jarg1_,
String jarg2, String jarg3, String jarg4, String jarg5, String jarg6, String
jarg7, String jarg8, int jarg9, int jarg10, int jarg11, int jarg12, int
jarg13);
                                                          ^
src/org/freeswitch/swig/freeswitchJNI.java:16: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class IVRMenu
location: class org.freeswitch.swig.freeswitchJNI
  public final static native void IVRMenu_bindAction(long jarg1, IVRMenu