[Freeswitch-dev] Announcing the OpenZAP.hps project

Patrick freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 24 18:22:34 EDT 2008

Hi Hans,

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During the recent week I have been talking to the people at FreeSwitch.org and
> we have agreed to build up a new full featured telephony stack by merging
> ISDN4BSD and OpenZAP. I have called the new branch OpenZAP.hps in my SVN
> repo.

That's great news. I for one welcome our new ISDN Overlord :)

[snip]

> Compatibility. The new stuff will be backwards compatible with CAPI2.0 and
> possibly also the FreeSwitch API, which means you will still be able to use
> it with Asterisk and Callweaver through "chan_capi", and FreeSwitch
> through "libopenzap".

The CAPI2.0 compatibility is much appreciated. Given my limited
knowledge of C I wont be of much help coding but will definitely help
testing with a couple of Eicon Diva Server (4x) BRI cards I have lying
around.

> Planning. I suspect that OpenZAP.hps will be ready for testing before
> Christmas of 2008.

I look forward to that.

Thank you for your efforts!

Regards,