[Freeswitch-dev] [Freeswitch-users] YAML support as an alternative of XML for configuration

Ken Rice krice at suspicious.org
Sun Jun 29 21:51:11 EDT 2008

Ok I usually don't chime in on these things, but when it boils down to it,
the XML is not going to go away... Pretty much anything and everything in
the core is stored that way, so to make it no so would require some serious
reworking....Why was XML used? Because you don't have to use the Config
Files you are more then welcome to use one of the many CURL supporting ways
to retrieve it on the fly from a web service... That elimiates your needs to
hand edit the XML regularly

Now... AS far as the FS vs Asterisk... FS is a complete next generation Soft
Communications platform with an order of magnitude better performance then
asterisk (see my comments in many posts to support this statement)...

As for the the arrogant and closed minded statement that is the furthest
from the truth... Brian is one of the friendliest and most helpful people on
this project... Don't mistake someones mater of fact or bluntness that
something isnt changing for arrogance or closed mindedness... Step back and
look at the 1000s of hours that have been spent on FreeSwitch (or any other
heavily used open source project) and try to look at it from their
perspective...

This XML argument has gone on since FreeSwitch was unveiled and quite
frankly I was one of the people railing on Tony for that decision, but as I
have continued to look at the core and develop soluitons on this platform it
has become more and more obvious that I was wrong initially... (wow someone
archive tha.. Its the only time you'll see it on a mailing list :P )