[Freeswitch-dev] Events are not the same for an outbound to inbound call than an normal inbound call

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Jun 19 12:12:00 EDT 2008

Since I suspect you're trying to actually set the variable
caller_id_name, caller_id_number and caller_ani (which you can't set).

You need to investigate these variables:

origination_caller_id_number
origination_caller_id_name
effective_caller_id_number
effective_caller_id_name

These are outlined here http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables

On Jun 19, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Steve Laroche wrote:

> Why don’t we get the same result in the outbound to inbound call
> than the normal inbound call?  In an outbound to inbound call,
> freeswitch don’t use the information contain in the variables of the
> originate command to set Caller_ID_Name, Caller_ID_Number and
> Caller_ANI.  Instead, freeswitch fill those variables with what is
> look like default value and Caller_ANI is not even included in the
> event.

Brian West
sip:brian at freeswitch.org