[Freeswitch-dev] Extracting protocol variables from failed bridge B chan

Simon Capper scapper at ooma.com
Mon Jul 7 19:21:42 EDT 2008

I'm setting up a bridge call with continue_on_fail=true so I can deal with
failure.
I want to be able to extract the sip variables (including some custom
variables I added to mod_sofia) from the failed call to determine what to do

The channel gets destroyed after the bridge fails and the "import" feature
does not work for a failed call it seems and it only has one parameter.

I can't figure out how to use api_hangup_hook to copy variables from the
dying B channel to the A channel as there is no reference to the A channel
in the handler and I'm not sure if it gets called for a failed call anyway.

Would you accept a submission of a new feature "export_on_fail" used for
bridged calls that takes a list of parameters to be exported from chan B to
A, kind of like the way "export" works? The variables would be "prepended"
with "failed_" so that they did not clash with variable names on the channel
they were being exported to.

Thanks,

Simon