[Freeswitch-dev] Cpp and globbing

Simon Capper scapper at ooma.com
Fri Jul 4 18:16:58 EDT 2008

MikeJ,

SimpleGlob.h uses the libc glob() function internally when compiled on unix,
on windows it does its own thing, that probably why double globbing does not
work on windows but does work on unix. Libc glob() is recursive and supports
double globbing.

Libapr has a globbing function apr_match_glob(), but it does not support
double globbing.

To get double globbing working on windows and convert switch_xml to C the
easiest way I can see is to lift the glob code out of libc and modify to
make to work with windows using libapr for the file I/O, for unix the glob
function in libc should be used.

I had a look at the glob source in the uClibc and it should port OK. The
code could be added to the end of switch_xml and ifdef'd out for non-wondows
or kept as a windows only source file.

If you are OK with this approach I can have a go.

Simon