[Freeswitch-dev] Query on no_media variable

sanjeev mudholkar sanjeev.mudholkar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:26:39 EST 2008

Hi,
  I have been trying to use the variable "no_media" to enable the media flow
directly between the registered endpoints. Irrespective of the value of
"no_media"
variable the media always flows through the freeswitch.

Here is my setup
Two SIP end points(1001 and 1002)  registered to Freeswitch.

Dial plan:
<extension name="test">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(1002)$">
      <action application="set" data="no_media=true"/>
      <action application="bridge"
data="sofia/$${domain}/1002%freeswitch_ip"/>
    </condition>
</extension>

My requirement is to set the media path(direct or through freeswitch) based
on the
destination and not for all SIP calls.

(Note: I had a quick look at audio_bridge_function in mod_dptools.c. I do
not see
the no_media variable used. Please ignore this note if this is not the right
function)

Thanks in advance

-Sanjeev