[Freeswitch-dev] Application Testing

J. Javier Maestro freeswitch-devel at nosys.es
Sat Jan 5 17:45:15 EST 2008

On Jan Sat 05 2008 14:35, Brian West wrote:
> Attention FreeSWITCHers,
> 	As we get closer to b3 I would like to ask that everyone assist me in
> testing each and every application.  As an open source project we have
> very limited resources in testing so I call on the community to assist
> me in testing.  Please report any bugs to me, or the list.. and if you
> feel like it post info to http://jira.freeswitch.org.  It would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> This includes testing with valid, invalid and really invalid input
> such as long lines.. garbage and such.
>
> I have started a wiki page for this.  We should discuss automated
> application testing scenarios if possible.

Perhaps the best thing for this is fuzzing,

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzz_testing

>From simply googling 'fuzzing', I found this good resources

	Fuzzing Tools
	http://www.threatmind.net/secwiki/FuzzingTools

	Fuzzers - The ultimate list
	http://www.infosecinstitute.com/blog/2005/12/fuzzers-ultimate-list.html#113458454453154947

Hopefully, someone with experience on using this fuzzing technique can give
more insight into this.

Cheers,

--
J. Javier Maestro  <jjmaestro at nosys.es>