[Freeswitch-dev] VAD, TALK and NOTALK events

Cesar Cepeda cesar at auronix.com
Wed Feb 13 11:17:23 EST 2008

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

The events are indeed fired, but only if the SWITCH_VAD_FLAG_EVENTS_TALK or
NOTALK flags are set for an rtp_session.   I found no place in the code
where those flags are set.  That is what I meant by not  being “enabled”.

I subscribed to the events and received nothing.  Then I set the flags on
switch_rtp_enable_vad function, and then I started receiving the events.
Perhaps there is another way of doing it that I’m missing.

Cesar Cepeda.