[Freeswitch-dev] TDM questions: OZ, signaling on digital spans

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 09:19:25 EST 2008

It's a trickle-up methodology.

The low level driver interprets the voltage change
or the bits flipping or whatever and turns it into
driver specific events which in turn are changed
into openzap specific events by the zap_<whatver>.c
zap_zt.c, zap_pika.c etc.  when you apply a signaling
to a span in the mod_openzap config the signal specific
module will monitor the span for these events and decide
what they mean in reference to whatever signaling type
it represents.

so

voltage changes on zaptel card

zaptel specific ring event is caught by zap_zt.c

openzap ring event is queued on the channel and
event data flag is set on the span.

zap_analog.c sees the event data flag and gets the
ring event on the channel

ring event is sent up to mod_openzap who starts a channel
in freeswitch.

so implementing another sig type like e&m just requires
zap_em.c and proper interpretation of the bit shifting
events.  I belive zaptel drivers and pika
can do it but I don't know if the native sangoma can yet.

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org
googletalk:conf+888 at conference.freeswitch.org