[Freeswitch-dev] Implicit Recording Pause

Robert Clayton rjcajax at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 02:54:14 PST 2008

All,

I thought I would try again.
This question has been pending for the past 22 days on both the dev and
users forums.

If I am not understanding the process for asking questions please inform me.

I was thinking since there is no direct functionality for the person being
recorded to pause the recording could this be done indirectly.
For example when using the functionality to record only when voice is
present
could the audio stream be preprocessed to evaluate the dtmf where if a
specific key was pressed the audio stream would no longer be passed or
passed as blank to the recording functionality so an implicit pause would be
created since it would detect the absence of voice and cease recording.
And when the person recording wished to continue pressing a key
would signal FS to pass the true audio again therefore reestablishing
recording
to the same file?

Bob