[Freeswitch-dev] Audio formats without transcoding

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo at comellas.org
Tue Dec 9 06:10:24 PST 2008

I need to support calls using G.711, G.729 and G.722 and I want to
avoid transcoding as much as possible. Does FreeSWITCH support playing
audios in a raw format that does not require transcoding for any of
these codecs? It looks like FS provides WAV audio files with the
frequencies of the supported codecs and relies on transcoding all the
time. Is my analysis correct? How does everybody else handle this
problem?

Thanks.