[Freeswitch-dev] Dictation SIP/VOIP

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Apr 18 11:49:36 EDT 2008

Usually a spec sheet would outline the current feature set or we
wouldn't publish the features that were not supported by the current
software in tree.

As for encryption ?  HIPAA compliance falls outside our realm.  If you
can do SRTP and TLS to the machine then you're ok.. anything outside
that is your responsibility to secure via vpn or other encryption
methods.

/b

On Apr 18, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Robert Clayton wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Thanks for the rapid reply.
>
> For now I would be enough to:
> Initially, record dictations for translation by a transcriptionist
> (speex would be good).
> Secondly, audio encryption for HIPAA privacy rule requirements.
>
> Sorry for the confusion. The "FreeSWITCH Spec Sheet" does not
> specify which version it references so I assumed the current release.
>
> Bob
>
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org>
> wrote:
>
> On Apr 18, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Robert Clayton wrote:
>
> > Devs,
> >
> > I am new to Freeswitch and have two questions.
> >
> > 1) I am considering attempting to develop an application for SIP/
> > VOIP dictation do you have any suggestions?
>
> You'll wanna get nuance or something similar that can speak MRCP so we
> can interface with that.  Lumenvox isn't really fit for dictation.
>

> > 2) I am unable to find any list of functionality in the upcoming
> > version 1.0 would it to be best to wait until the new release?
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Specsheet  (linked from www.freeswitch.org
> )
>

> > Bob

> Brian West