[Freeswitch-dev] mod-java - initialization error

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 16:53:03 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Damjan Jovanovic <damjan at ecntelecoms.com>
wrote:

> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-Information: Contact ECN Telecoms
> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner: Found to be clean
> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached,
>        score=-103.715, required 6, autolearn=not spam, ALL_TRUSTED -1.80,
>        AWL 0.68, BAYES_00 -2.60, USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)
> X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-From: damjan at ecntelecoms.com
>

> On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 18:08 -0500, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> > I fixed this issue in tree in latest trunk
> >
> > damjan I have a few suggestions for you:
> >
> > 1) in the scripts you have to say......
> >
> > session = new JavaSession(sessionUuid);
> >
> > maybe you can do this automatically when the script is invoked as an
> > application.
>
> Maybe.
>

> > 2) you should add an api interface like spidermonkey and python have
> > caled "java_run"
> > then you could use the cli, xml-rpc and the event_socket to invoke
> > standalone scripts in their own thread.
>
> 'Scripts' are for scripting languages...

OK, i mean 'application' then?
The point was it's a small function you can implement to register an api
call so you can
run a java application from the console at startup or whatever that can stay
active in it's own thread
and spawn calls, listen on the web, whatever.

such as
> java run myclass

> > 3) The DTMF / event stuff is not fully exposed.
>
> Yes I'll try to get that done too.
>
> > When you set an event callback you can get an event or a DTMF obj
> >
> > When you get a DTMF the obj supplies duration as well as the digit
> > that was dialed.
> > When you get an event it's a structure similar to an email, jabber
> > message etc with a type, headers and a body.
> >
> > so you should build a class around the switch_event_t.
> >
> > That way, you can parse, create and fire events.
> >
> > maybe we will make a c++ wrapper for that too so swig will do it for
> > us.
>
> I'm thinking of ditching swig. I don't know what it's like for other
> languages, but for Java it's a disaster. I spent most of the time
> writing mod_java just coercing swig to get it to generate working code,
> and the Java -> Freeswitch interface still looks very foreign.

Yes, swig is not pretty.

> The application interface that runs an interpret for a given script
> doesn't really work for languages like Java anyway. The current
> implementation loads classes from disk on every call, and since each
> class is loaded with a different classloader, classes won't share their
> static data between invocations. I prefer what mod_mono did, that is, a
> way to write native freeswitch modules in Java. That would also provide
> a nice way to control object lifetimes, which mod_java currently doesn't
> have.

That would be a useful feature, if you are up to it, we will do our best to
help out.

> [...]
> >         behavior.  I have tried using playAndGetDigits but that method
> >         crashes freeswitch on the older version.  When I tried
> >         updating freeswitch I encountered the error noted below.  If
> >         you can give me some guidance I will help trouble shoot the
> >         initialization problem.  Thank you.
> >
> >         Jonathan
> >
> >         On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Damjan Jovanovic
> >         <damjan at ecntelecoms.com> wrote:
> >

> >                 X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-Information: Contact ECN
> >                 Telecoms
> >                 X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner: Found to be clean
> >                 X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam,
> >                 SpamAssassin (not cached,
> >                        score=-102.277, required 6, autolearn=not spam,
> >                 ALL_TRUSTED -1.80,
> >                        AWL -0.48, USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)
> >                 X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-From:
> >                 damjan at ecntelecoms.com
> >

> >                 On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 00:38 -0700, jonathan augenstine
> >                 wrote:
> >                 > I have a mod-java script that is encountering an
> >                 error on the latest
> >                 > version from svn.
> >                 >
> >                 > The script runs successfully on build: FreeSwitch
> >                 Version 1.0.pre3
> >                 > (7616M)
> >                 >
> >                 > When I retrieve the latest version from svn (8019) I
> >                 get the following
> >                 > output from the console:
> >                 >
> >                 > 2008-04-04 02:03:15 [ERR] switch_cpp.cpp:146
> >                 getVariable() session is
> >                 > not initalized
> >                 > 2008-04-04 02:03:15 [ERR] switch_cpp.cpp:146
> >                 getVariable() session is
> >                 > not initalized
> >                 > 2008-04-04 02:03:15 [ERR] switch_cpp.cpp:153
> >                 execute() session is not
> >                 > initalized
> >                 > 2008-04-04 02:03:15 [DEBUG] switch_cpp.cpp:98
> >                 ~CoreSession()
> >                 > CoreSession::~CoreSession desctructor
> >

> >                 Make sure the UUID is valid.
> >
> >                 Otherwise, whoever changed the semantics of the
> >                 session API should also
> >                 patch mod_java.
> >

> >                 > Java code that works on 7616 but fails on 8019:
> >                 >
> >                 >     public void run(String sessionUuid, String args)
> >                 >     {
> >                 >         freeswitch.console_log("notice", "INBOUND
> >                 UUID: " +
> >                 > sessionUuid + " ARGS: " + args + "\n");
> >                 >         JavaSession session = null;
> >                 >
> >                 >         try
> >                 >         {
> >                 >             session = new JavaSession(sessionUuid);
> >                 >
> >                 >             session.setAutoHangup(false);
> >                 >
> >                 >             String raw_dnis =
> >                 > session.getVariable("originate_caller_id_number");
> >                 >             String raw_ani =
> >                 session.getVariable("caller_id_number");
> >                 >
> >                 > Has something changed on the Java module.  Do I need

pstn:213-799-1400