[Freeswitch-dev] second leg of call isnt hanged up by Freeswitch

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:31:08 EDT 2008

That's all fine but the call leg does exist?

phoneA -- legA ---> FS <--- legB--- phoneB

if phoneB leaves and FS did not get a bye legA will never end so naturally
when you hangup
phoneA you will get a 200ok on it's leg.

That is why I asked you for the traces because it's most likely the case
that legA is still up
because legB is as well and only phoneB thinks the call is over.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM, kokoska rokoska <kokoska.rokoska at post.cz>
wrote:

> Anthony Minessale napsal(a):
> > yes do you have both a pcap and a console trace of the call.
> >
> > start freeswitch with TPORT_LOG=1
> >
> > TPORT_LOG=1 /usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch
> >
> > set debug level
> >
> >  > console loglevel debug
> >

> > capture all the text on the console
> >

> I have just updated to current trunk and after a while I do the test and
> capture all possible dumps
>

> > my guess without seeing it is that user 22 is behind nat or a proxy or
> > something and you do not have keepalive turned on so the path for the
> > phone on 22 to send the bye to FS is gone so FS is not getting the bye
> > from phone 22
> >

> No, no. There is nothing (except ethernet switch :-) between Freeswitch
> and UACs. They are all on the same lan subnet.
>
> > We would never say 481 because if FS thinks the call leg should still be
> > up it will last until the call is terminated one way or another.
>
> But if one leg of call was hanged up (and "hangup after bridge" is set)
> I mean Freeswitch has to hang up second leg and than drop transaction.
>
> > Remember, each leg of the bridged call is a separate sip call as we are
> > a b2bua.
>
> Yes, I remember it :-)
> But it IMO have nothing to do with 481. Every UAC or UAS has to be able
> to send 481 if transaction (call leg) doesn't exists. And from my
> oppinion most of UAs do it well (better to say, I have never heard about
> one didn't do it). It is mandatory by RFC3261, 21.4.19 and even Asterisk
> does it :-)
>

> Thank you, Antohny, for your reply. I capture the packets and send them
> here...
>
> Best regards,
>
> kokoska.rokoska

pstn:213-799-1400