[Freeswitch-dev] call forward howto

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 18:36:25 EDT 2008

See brian's example on the list for something that might handle your
situation.

I'm not trying to explain away the need for what you want I just want to
make sure you understand
how we have things designed.

You may want to join our irc channel for more realtime interaction.
#freeswitch on irc.freenode.net

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 5:23 PM, kokoska rokoska <kokoska.rokoska at post.cz>
wrote:

> Thank you, Anthony, for your answer. I will write my comments in the
> e-mail body.
>
> Anthony Minessale napsal(a):
> > The transfer app sends the same call to some other extension at some
> > other dialplan within the switch.
> > We are not a sip specific switch so we have to abstract many concepts.
> >

> Yes, I know it. But I just ask :-)
> BTW: Very similar messaging concept is IMO used not only in SIP but in
> ISUP (and thus in real telephony world) too.
>

> > If you are trying to redirect the call we have 2 ways
> > the redirect application
> >
> > <action application="redirect" data="sip:user at host"/>
> > This will result in a 302 redirect in the case of a sip channel
> >

> I saw this app. But I want to forward the call, not redirect.
>

> > <action application="deflect" data="sip:user at host"/>
> > This will result in a REFER to the specified uri
> >

> REFER is IMO used for replacing of one leg of call with another one
> (RFC3515), i.e. for "transfer".
>

> > That is the only 2 ways we support, if you are looking to divert like a
> > proxy does
>
> Yes, this is what I have to do, because I need to be "transparent" for
> calls come from PSTN and than go back to PSTN too (ISUP->SIP->ISUP).
>
> > remember we are only a b2bua and do not perform proxy features,
>
> OK. This is big advantage for me, because I need B2BUA :-)
> But what I want is possible with B2BUA. Even with Asterisk, but only
> with very ugly hacks I hope I am avoid with Freeswitch.
>
> > see
> > openser for that.
> >

> I'm intensive user of OpenSER. In my current setup it is used as
> loadbalancer, registrar, presence server etc. But I realy need B2BUA and
> ability to manipulate with media (with much more sophisticated way than
> SEMS does).
>

> Thanks again for your replay, regards
>
> kokoska.rokoska

pstn:213-799-1400