[Freeswitch-dev] RTP stuff

john at ecntelecoms.com john at ecntelecoms.com
Wed Mar 7 23:20:25 EST 2007

Anthony does this mean that Freeswitch now fully supports silence
suppression? Clearly this largely depends on the Codec being used ,
however if the codec natively supports VAD, DTX and CNG such as Speex,
G.729B, G.723.1A will the Freeswitch framework allow silence suppression
to function properly. The fact that Asterisk can not/does not support
silence supression is one of their biggest drawbacks/negatives - if we
have got this right it is a big plus in our favour - well done!

Regards

John