[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch licensing

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Mon Jul 2 16:33:40 EDT 2007

Hi,
 This is 100.00% fine.

 MPL is quite different to GPL.

MPL deliberately allows you to use the code with closed source code.

There is no ambiguity on this issue.

Please do go ahead and use
>  Freeswitch in a revenue generating scenario.

It is totally free.

====================
The MPL does ask that if you make patches to the Freeswitch code, that you
do report them back.
If you do report patches back, it
  a)minimises the version skew between your code base and freeswitch
  b)gets you nice publicity.

Further,
 you will not get flamed on this list. Flaming is for "Frat boys".

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.