[Freeswitch-dev] only one freeswitch at a time (using the same log directory, at least)

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 17:28:01 EST 2007

On 2/21/07, Trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:
> To anyone that runs multiple instances you want to ensure that the db dir
> isnt used by some other FS process as well.

there could be a multiple_instances WikiPage...

my main concern is to avoid crashing the server again if I somehow manage
to pull off another

    perl -le '  1 while `/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch -nc`'

in which case i want to (1) serialize the start-ups to avoid race conditions
and (2) error out when `cat /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.pid` is still
alive.

MikeJ's requirement that the opening & locking get done with APR seems
like a lot -- it means moving apr_initialize earlier than it would be otherwise;
and I have stopped working on the apr port since I can't apparently
get it to successfully open the file with apr_open.  Current patch in jira.

At your service (but not entirely, alas)

David Nicol