[Freeswitch-dev] only one freeswitch at a time (using the same log directory, at least)

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 12:56:01 EST 2007

at one point Monday I accidentally launched a thousand freeswitch processes
and crashed my box.  Well that was dumb.  But here is a patch to switch.c that
makes freeswitch refuse to start if the process listed in
freeswitch.pid is still running,
and also does flock locking on the logfile to serialize the time
between performing
that check and writing our own pid there.

--
"I've never been elected dog-catcher and I've never had an employee."
-- Bruce Sterling