[Freeswitch-dev] Bug in Freeswitch rev. 4107 !? switch_channel_answer() causes one-way-audio

Dirk Schenkewitz schenkewitz at comdasys.com
Fri Feb 2 10:15:47 EST 2007

Hi all,

today I noticed that audio works only in one direction if mod_bridgecall
contains a call to switch_channel_answer().

I don't know yet at which revision this stopped working. The patch to
demonstrate/trigger the problem is a one-liner (plus a comment), please
see attachment. Without this line, mod_bridgecall works fine - with it,
I don't hear the other party (when it answers the call). Of course,
calling switch_channel_answer() makes no sense on its own but it is
needed if you want to send dtmf data to freeswitch before the other
party answers... or even before calling another party.

If that's already enough to find the cause and fix it, please do. In the
meantime I try going back some revisions...

Best regards
Dirk