[Freeswitch-dev] How to make Attended Call Transfer as Transferor??

Irshad Ahamed irshad.fswitch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:27:23 EST 2007

The set-up is like below:

1. Freeswitch is configured as UA with Asterisk TDM card (Openzap) 1 FXO + 1
FXS and registered with sipx.
2. SNOM300 registered with sipx.
3. Grandstream IP phone also registered with sipx.

Procedure followed for Blind Transfer:
1. Make a call from SNOM300 to Freeswitch FXS. Accept the call at Freeswitch
FXS.
2. Using "transfer UUID -both Grandstream-number"  command at the
Freeswitch, I tried Blind transfer.  On Ethereal, I saw INVITE with modified
From-header.
     ---- Are we not using REFER for Call Transfer here???
3. Call gets transferred to Grandstream now . This looks fine.

Procedure followed for Attended Transfer:
1. Make a call from SNOM300 to Freeswitch FXS. Accept the call at Freeswitch
FXS.
2. Now use FLASH Key on the analog phone connected to freeswitch FXS to put
the established call on HOLD.
3. After getting dial tone, dial GRANDSTREAM number.
4. Accept the call at GRANDSTREAM. Now again using FLASH key, swap the call
with SNOM300.
5. Use the command " transfer SNOM-UUID -bleg GRANDSTREAM-number"
6. Call is getting swapped back to GRANDSTREAM and the initial call with
SNOM is getting disconnected.
Note: Default dial plan with entries for both SNOM300 and GRANDSTREAM is
used.
Please let me know if I am going wrong somewhere.

Thanks and regards,
Irshad.