[Freeswitch-dev] Production ready?

Juan Jose Comellas jcomellas at novamens.com
Wed Sep 6 19:26:09 EDT 2006

I haven't checked whether FreeSWITCH uses Unix signals for anything, but if it
does I would strongly recommend against using the JVM in the same process.
The JVM uses signals for garbage collection and it causes all kinds of
problems if you need to rely on them for some other functionality. I did this
for Asterisk and after major suffering (JNI is an abomination and the JVM is
very picky when it comes to shared libraries) I had to reimplement everything
with the JVM in another process and connecting Asterisk to it via a socket.

On Wed September 6 2006 18:03, Shidan wrote:
> To use BSF you have to integrate freeswitch with java, as an external
> process sure why not, maybe build freeswitch to be a node in mobicents
> even, but very bad idea to integrate it right into freeswitch the way
> javascript or perl is right now. Using SWIG, the way it is now, is
> definitely the right way. Even using JNI will have a serious performance
> inpact.
>
> On 9/6/06, Amon Ghupta <aghupta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes!!!
> > -A
> >
> > Brian West wrote:
> > >http://www.beanshell.org/
> > >
> > >Is that what you mean?
> > >
> > >/b
> > >
> > >On Sep 6, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Amon Ghupta wrote:

Juan Jose Comellas
(jcomellas at novamens.com)