[Freeswitch-dev] Spam:Re: REMOVE

Sensei sensei at megaphat.com
Mon Sep 4 15:50:01 EDT 2006

Brian,

So you are suggesting removing our freeswitch account altogether?
That;s not our goal.  We only wish to stop the list from emailing us.

This is a poor implementation of developer collaboration.  Rather a forum or
subscription-based mailing list would be better for this is not only
annoying, it is actually considered spam.  The removal method of the mailing
list fails to work which is in clear violation of the canned-spam act.

I wish to participate with the freeswitch community but not at the risk of
having 100+ emails devivered to me regarding freeswitch topics that I may
not be interested in.  Even moreso, any person familiar with Internet
etiquette knows that the current implementation is considered rude and
violates many Internet Acceptable Use Policies (IAUP).

If this continues, my own ISP and my corporate servers will be forced to not
only blacklist freeswitch from sending email, but freeswitch may be listed
globally in a number of different blacklists, which would certainly not help
the freeswitch community.

If Anthony needs assistance correcting this problem, he only needs to ask
and I am sure my company will at no charge assist in making this experience
better for all without violation of any IAUP.

Gabriel