[Freeswitch-dev] Compiling dependencies inline

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sat Oct 21 06:06:48 EDT 2006

Hi Guys

Here is the result of building a freeswitch package with all of its
dependencies inline. It confuses the hell out of rpm when you go an try to
build OTHER packages that rely on those dependencies which are already
provided by standard packages:

Fedora_Extras_5  i586  expansion error
have choice for libpcre.so.0 needed by grep: freeswitch-snapshot pcre
have choice for libsqlite3.so.0 needed by rpm-libs: freeswitch-snapshot sqlite
have choice for libsqlite3.so.0 needed by rpm: freeswitch-snapshot sqlite
have choice for libsqlite3.so.0 needed by rpm-build: freeswitch-snapshot
sqlite

Now, I CAN work around this by manually specifying preferences for each of
these packages in ALL of my other builds but this is really bad karma and
requires me to screw around with almost 50 other packages just to have the
pleasure of building freeswitch. ick..

Please please fix the build so that it will use external libs if they are
available. I will happily package any external libs that are required (infact
I already have done so) and can apply patches to any that need them.

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/