[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Jan 15 01:29:26 MSK 2013

Greetings!

It has been a light week when it comes to news items. However, the
FreeSWITCH team has been working hard on bug fixes and various projects.
More information on those will come out once the details are available.

Last week we had a community discussion on the weekly conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_01_09>,
mostly discussing the ways that we can all help out with getting Jira's
handled. Although we did not formally adopt the "Jira karma" idea we
decided that we (as a project and community) would do our best to reward
those who help out with bug marshaling, verifying, documenting, etc. Every
little bit helps. To that end this
week<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_01_16>we will be
spending some time as a group going over a few selected bugs and
as a group trying our best to figure what's going on. Ken and Brian will
supply us with a few bugs to tackle.

Oh, and if you use Cisco phones, please be very
careful<http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/01/hack-turns-the-cisco-phone-on-your-desk-into-a-remote-bugging-device/>
!

--
Michael S Collins