[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Apr 15 21:15:06 MSD 2013

Greetings!

Happy tax day to those in the USA - we hope all is well with your business.
Speaking of business, I thought I would relay the interesting
news<http://www.cnbc.com/id/100637184>about Dish Network making a bid
for Sprint. Many here in North America will
be keeping a close eye on this one. Whether or not this is just a big
mess<http://www.zdnet.com/softbank-sprint-clearwire-dish-figuring-out-this-merger-mess-7000014012/>or
an opportunity for Sprint to become a "real" competitor to AT&T and
Verizon remains to be seen. Regardless of the outcome, most of us here are
hoping for a healthier Sprint so that we can avoid another duopoly.

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_04_10>we decided
to have a preliminary discussion so that we can prepare for this
week <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_04_17>. Dave Kompel
will be showing us how to build rapidly FreeSWITCH applications in MS
Visual Studio 2012 and have those run under
mod_managed<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_managed>.
Be sure to consult this
document<http://download.drknetworking.com/MeetingPreparation.pdf>so
that you can get all the prerequisites installed in time for our call
on
Wednesday.

In other news I would like to let everyone know that I spoke with Kashif
Kahn over at Vestec <http://www.vestec.com>. We are gearing up for the
automatic speech recognition application building contest. The winners will
be announced at ClueCon 2013 <http://www.cluecon.com>. The official contest
page will be posted on the ClueCon website shortly. Stay tuned for more
information and be ready to start building your ASR applications!

The ClueCon 2013 call for speakers recently went out and we've had a number
of submissions already. We look forwarding to hearing more talk ideas, so
please send those in right away. In the meantime ClueCon
registration<http://www.cluecon.com/register/>is now open so be sure
to get signed up, and don't forget to book your room
at the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
<http://www.cluecon.com/hotels/>hotel for only $169 per night.

Have a great week!

--