[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Sep 10 20:11:53 MSD 2012

Greetings!

We hope you all had a great week. On our Wednesday conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_09_05>we discussed
several items as a community. One item of note was how to
handle mailing list posts that are overly broad and reflect a lack of
research on the part of the individual doing the posting. After much
discussion we decided that we would create some online documentation that
helps new ones get their bearings when considering the big picture in
FreeSWITCH. (For example, what are modules and why do we have them?) Thanks
to Dave Kompel for helping to get that started.

We are also pleased to announce that we have started up the
Adopt-a-module<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Adopt-a-module>project.
The idea is simple but powerful: community members who are
knowledgeable and enthusiastic about a specific module will volunteer to
"adopt" that module. Adopting a module means doing several things: watching
the mailing list and IRC channel for questions, monitoring the Git
repository for new commits, keeping the module's wiki page up-to-date, and
acting as a bug marshal for any Jira <http://jira.freeswitch.org> tickets
that are opened. We've had several people step up already. Please
visit the list
of modules needing
adoption<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Adopt-a-module#Modules_Waiting_for_Adoption>to
see if you there is one that fits your area of expertise. We give a
special note of thanks to Anshel Blum for helping to get this one going.

This week we welcome Ben Langfield and Ben
Klang<http://www.cluecon.com/speaker/111/>who will be discussing the
Adhearsion <http://adhearsion.com/> framework for FreeSWITCH. Adhearsion is
a Ruby-based framework for building telephony applications. You may recall
that Ben Klang joined us at ClueCon 2012 <http://www.cluecon.com> to make
the announcement<http://www.cluecon.com/presentation/news-about-adhearsion-project/>about
Adhearsion being available for FreeSWITCH. We look forward to
learning more about how Adhearsion works with FreeSWITCH.

Let's all have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team