[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Oct 15 20:50:05 MSD 2012

Greetings everyone!

As you may know the FreeSWITCH team is continuing to update the project's
infrastructure. Among other things this includes getting ready for
IPv6<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6>.
Last week Brian West finished getting several of our servers all set up to
handle IPv6 traffic. These includes www.freeswitch.org and
conference.freeswitch.org. Thank you to all those who did testing and gave
us valuable feedback.

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_10_10>we enjoyed
our very own Ken
Rice <http://www.cluecon.com/speaker/92/> giving us some great reminders on
how to gather data for troubleshooting as well as tips on opening bug
reports in Jira <http://jira.freeswitch.org>. We had a number of users
comment on how useful it was to see examples of how to do this. The audio
is up in the usual
location<http://torrents.freeswitch.org/conf_call_2012-10-10.torrent>and
we have a community member who is preparing a video which will be
posted as soon as it is ready.

This week we have Chad Engler from Patlive <http://www.patlive.com> coming
to discuss with us his node-esl library. Chad has made the code available
here <https://github.com/englercj/node-esl> on Github. He has included an
interesting channel monitor example to give you an idea of what can be done
by combining node.js with ESL. We look forward to hearing more about it on this
week's conference call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_10_17>
.

Have a great week!

--