[FreeSWITCH Community] News and Notes: ClueCon Hotel Gets a New Name, FreeSWITCH Gets a New Feature

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon May 7 20:31:37 MSD 2012

Happy new week to all!

We have some interesting news items to share. First off, we are happy to
report that the Wyndham Hotel, where ClueCon 2012 is being held, has a new
owner and will become a Hyatt property. As part of the transition, the
Wyndham will be renamed in June. The new name will be Hyatt Chicago Miracle
Mile. The ownership transfer and name change will not affect ClueCon
attendees, and the ClueCon website
<http://www.cluecon.com/hotels?cc12-0507>will continue to have the
latest hotel information. Please feel free to
call the Wyndham and make your ClueCon hotel reservations at your earliest
convenience.

Also in ClueCon news we'd like to let everyone know that we have two new
sponsors: Vitelity and OpenVox. We are pleased to welcome them both to this
year's event. Each will be giving a technical presentation this year and we
look forward to seeing them in person. Please visit our
site<http://www.cluecon.com?cc12-0507>for registration information.

FreeSWITCH received a new feature last week: a much-improved group pickup
implementation. The new pickup
dialplan<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_pickup?cc12-0507>application
works in conjunction with the new "pickup" pseudo-channel.
Together these allow for simple yet elegant call pickup features to be
added to the dialplan. A number of FreeSWITCH community members are testing
this new feature, and soon there will be an example added to the "Vanilla"
dialplan.

This Wednesday, May 9, we will be welcoming FreeSWITCH Community member
Giovanni Maruzzelli to the community conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_05_09?cc12-0507>.
He will be discussing how to implement a GSM channel in FreeSWITCH using
mod_gsmopen and a GSM dongle. We invite everyone to join us this Wednesday
at 1PM Eastern, 10AM Pacific (UTC 1700) for a very interesting discussion.

Have a great week and we'll be in touch next Monday.

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team