[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Jul 30 22:04:28 MSD 2012

Greetings from the FreeSWITCH team!

Things have been busy with all of the ClueCon<http://www.cluecon.com/?cc12-0730>
 preparations! We hope to see you in Chicago next week. In the meantime we
are still doing our weekly conference calls. This past Wednesday we enjoyed
a very nice demonstration by Dave Kompel (IRC: drk__) on how to implement
Fail2Ban <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Fail2ban?cc12-0730>-like
functionality in a Windows environment. Dave's code is simple and elegant.
If you missed the presentation then please download it
here<http://torrents.freeswitch.org/conf_call_2012-07-25.torrent?cc12-0730>and
listen to it. The source code is also
 available <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/files/wftb.zip?cc12-0730>. This week
we will be having a community discussion on several subjects, not the least
of which is the interesting news that Google uses FreeSWITCH
internally<http://bit.ly/GOOGandFS>
.

This is the last weekly news and notes before ClueCon. Next Monday I'll be
sending this out *from Chicago**!* To the scores of people who have
registered and sponsored us this year I would like to give a well-deserved
thanks. We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week. If you haven't
yet registered <http://www.cluecon.com/register?cc12-0730> there is still
time, but please hurry! The sooner we know you're coming, the better
prepared we will be to take care of you when you arrive.

Have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team