[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Dec 10 23:29:01 MSK 2012

Greetings!

We are glad to report that the FreeSWITCH team has tagged version 1.2.5.3.
You can download the tarball
here<http://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-1.2.5.3.tar.bz2>.
Anyone using 1.2.5.x should update as soon as possible. We appreciate all
those who have helped us with testing and tracking down some sneaky and
pernicious little bugs.

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_12_05>we spent
some time talking about the XML parser and some of its
pre-processor directives. We discussed specifically how you can use the
"exec" command to execute a shell script in the middle of XML processing.
We also discussed a few tricks on how to look at the source code when you
need to learn about some FreeSWITCH functionality that otherwise is not
documented. This week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_12_12>subject is
still pending, so stay tuned!

One other item I'd like to mention is that we've had several reports of
FreeSWITCH success stories. We will be providing more information about
those in upcoming stories on our Web site. We've got people using
FreeSWITCH in various situations as well as software developers who've
added support for FreeSWITCH to their offerings. The FreeSWITCH ecosystem
continues to grow and flourish! Thank you all for being a part of it.

Take care and have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team