[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Wed Aug 29 01:07:35 MSD 2012

Hello all!

Apologies for the delay on this week's news and notes. Yesterday was quite
busy, but things are going well. I am happy to report that we have
submitted the first chapter of the new FreeSWITCH book to the publisher!
We've also conferred with a few members of the community and convinced
Packt<http://www.packtpub.com>to let us add some bonus content! Stay
tuned for more previews and teases.
Right now it's still early in the game so I don't want to reveal too much.

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_08_22>we discussed
a number of things. First, we did a follow up to Ken's
previous discussion
<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_08_15>about the stable
1.2 branch and using git. Second, we talked a bit about
Vestec <http://www.vestec.com> and the great ASR application contest. (More
information is forthcoming!) Lastly, we had Mitch Capper discussing the
latest version of the FSClient
<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FSClient>Windows softphone. If you
haven't tried it out I highly recommend it. It's
now stable and feature-enabled to the point that I've discontinued using
X-Lite or Jitsi.

Tomorrow we hope to have a discussion about
TLS<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Tls>.
We have several community members who are experienced with key and
certificate management and we will be calling upon them to share their
experience with the rest of us. After that we will have an open discussion.

Cheers!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team